Love does not have an on/off switch (and whoever invents such a thing will instantly become the richest person on the planet).
When we are not interested in someone it is obvious but when we are, it can be confusing. Is it love, lust, infatuation, or just thirst?
Well be confused no more. Here are 12 easy questions to help you determine if you are actually in love. While each one individually might not necessarily mean love, if you answer “yes” to 6 or more of the following questions, it’s official, you’ve got the love jones!
1) Do you want to tell everyone about the person?
“Yes” means you feel like getting on a mountaintop with a megaphone and shouting your feelings about the person to the world.
2) Do you share your dreams with the person?
“Yes” means you can share your dreams in full. Our dreams are often the most precious thoughts we have.
3) Can you be told the truth by the person?
“Yes” means even when the truth hurts, you can accept it from them.
4) Do you let them answer your phone?
“Yes” means you’re just crazy 🙂 (just kidding)
5) Are you comfortable with them representing you?
“Yes” means you can bring them to the company Christmas party and leave them alone to talk with your boss.
6) Have feelings for your ex disappeared?
“Yes” means you no longer think about your old boo.
7) Do you care about “why” they think certain things?
“Yes” means you seek to go deeper than just surface conversation and get to know their values.
8) Do you want to invest in the person?
“Yes” means you want to put your effort into seeing them evolve into their optimal self.
9) Is it about more than simply their potential?
Often times we make the mistake of falling in love with someone’s potential and not for who they are before us. “Yes” means you accept them for who they are now and not just who they could be in the future.
10) You don’t feel embarrassed around them, right?
Sure, when y’all are at the beach he might not have a Shemar Moore six-pack or when at dinner not dress as smooth as Daniel Craig, but “Yes” means you’re not embarrassed by their appearance or mannerisms when in public.
11) Have you begun to see a future with the person?
“Yes” means you have substantive thoughts of the future, like the possibly of having children or sharing of other life.
If you gave 6 or more “Yes” responses: Stop reading this post and call them right now to say you love them!